Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Sheer Curiosity

I'm "assuming" that most(if not all) of the readers of this are adult Christians. So, I'd like to ask you all some questions:

A) What are your convictions about drinking(alcohol)? Is it always sinful for a Christian? OK in some circumstances for some Christians? OK for all, as long as you don't get drunk? Or "other"?

B) What are your convictions about gambling? I'm NOT talking about compulsive gambling or gambling to an addictive level. But if someone or a couple have, say, $200-300 of _discretionary_ spending(the bills are already paid, the kids are clothed, there's food in the cupboard & fridge, etc.), is there any significant "moral" or ethical difference between taking that $ to Atlantic City and taking it to a Flyers game(or concert, etc.)?

I already know how I feel and what I believe about both of these issues(and I had others to ask about, but I can't remember them right now). So, I'm not asking for input cuz I'm considering or struggling with either of them. I'm mostly just asking out of curiosity; to see what other Christians think, see what the ratios/percentages I get for the various viewpoints are, etc.

This should be interesting. Of course, the more responses I get, the more interesting this'll be. So, please, comment away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home